This pictish stone was found to the west of the town in the late 60s and is displayed outside the church. Just visible on the top of the stone is a "tuning-fork" symbol. An deers head and another design also feature on the stone.
The stone mounted outside the church
The Tuning fork and deers head
The present Town Hall dates to around 1730, on one side it has a classic outside open stairway and a sundial with a coat of arms above.